The Baker Institute sponsors the Peace & Conflict Studies Program, teaching core PACS courses, facilitating the curriculum for PACS POEs, and serving as a hub for student activism and mentorship in the field of Peace & Conflict.
Why study Peace and Conflict at Juniata?
- Be an agent of change at one of only a dozen undergraduate Peace and Conflict Studies (PACS) programs in the U.S., and the only one with a student body that is 10 percent international.
- Intern anywhere or everywhere. Past interns have gone from the Carnegie Council in New York City to Peace Corp Volunteerism.
- Learn from international guest speakers, international classmates and on-campus experts in other fields like economics.
- Do all this and more in a cooperative, friendly community.
- Practice peace. Prevent violence. And provide post-conflict resolution.